Friday, April 20, 2007

Pork with Lemon-Thyme Sauce


Tonight was all about using up what I had in the freezer and that meant that I had to find something to do with pork tenderloin. After browsing my cookbooks, I decided on this one from my Weight Watchers-Cook It Quick book....still fairly new as I only purchased it a few weeks ago, so I have yet to try many of the recipes. This one was super easy and pretty tasty and very low calorie. I served it with some roast veggies...asparagus, butternut squash, carrots and parsnips...again, to use up what I had in the fridge. Not terribly exciting, as culinary adventures go, but it was a healthy tasty way to finish off the week.

Pork Tenderloin with Lemon-Thyme sauce
(Serves 4)

2 tsp olive oil
3/4 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4 inch slices
1 tsp dried thyme
salt and fresh ground pepper
1 cup chicken broth
1 tbs cornstarch
Juice of 1 lemon

1. In a large, non-stick skillet, heat the oil and then add pork in a single layer. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper. Saute for approx. 2 min, then turn and saute until cooked through.

2. Place broth in a small bowl, then add cornstarch and stir until smooth. Pour the broth mixture into the skillet, add lemon juice and simmer until sauce has slightly thickened, about a minute. Serve and pour over some of the sauce.

No comments: