Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Spaghetti With Lime and Arugula



On the face of it, this recipe sounds pretty bland, I know...but in reality, its really super. This one comes from Donna Hay Flavors and has all sorts of flavors going on. The prosciutto, feta and capers give a nice salty taste, which is offset by the heat of the chilli and the spice of the argugula. This was a great weeknight meal that is healthy and fast. It only took about 15 minutes to make. I used linguine, because that's what I had and I think if I made it again, I might add some oven roasted tomatoes or olives.



Spaghetti With Lime and Arugula
(Serves 4)

14oz Spaghetti
2 tbs fruity extra virgin olive oil
1 tbs shredded lime rind
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
2 tbs salted capers, rinsed
8 slices prosciutto, chopped
5oz arugula, shredded
3 tbs lime juice
5oz soft marinated fetta in oil
cracked black pepper

No comments: