Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Parmesan and Polenta Chicken...With No Photo :(

Of all time for my camera's battery to run out!! I took it out to take a picture of tonight's dinner and it let me know, in no uncertain terms, that it did not want to take a photo. It was on strike. It was not going back to work until I charged the battery.....oh the nerve!!

So, I thought, I just won't post this one then...no-one will really miss the post ad if all goes to plan, then I might have another post later with some ice cream.....(Keep your eye out for that one). However, when I tasted tonight's dinner, I couldn't not post. It was fabulous! So easy, yummy, tasty and healthy. The recipe comes from Donna Hay Magazine...yet again...and is a super summer supper.

Parmesan and Polenta Chicken
(Serves 4)

2 cobs of corn, husks and silks removed
olive oil for brushing
2x 7oz chicken breasts
flour for dusting
2 eggs, lightly whisked
1/2 cup polenta
1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
2 tbs vegetable oil
3 1/2oz baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup basil leaves
grated parmesan cheese, extra to serve
dressing
2 tsp dijon mustard
2 tbs lemon juice
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbs olive oil
2 tsp honey
sea salt and cracked black pepper

1. To make dressing, place the mustard, lemon juice, garlic, oil, honey, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.

2. Pre-heat the oven to 425F. Brush the corn with oil, place in a baking dish and and roast for 25 minutes or until golden. Slice the kernels from the corn and set aside.

3. Slice the chicken in half horizontally, dust with flour, dip in the egg and press into the combined polenta and parmesan to coat. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and cook chicken for 2-3 minutes on either side or until golden and cooked through. Arrange the chicken, corn, spinach and basil on plates and spoon over the dressing and grated parmesan to serve.

4 comments:

Katie B. said...

Get out! I'm making the Parm and Polenta chicken for dinner on Friday! :) I look forward to it even more, since you say its so yummy!

B said...

Katie...you won;'t be disappointed! I made the entire recipe for 4, thinking I would have leftovers...but hubby loved it so much he had an extra full serve...lol. I hope you like it as much as we did!

Katie B. said...

You're right - we loved it! We also only have the tinest bit of leftovers! We picked a winner! :)

B said...

I'm so glad you liked it!! Thanks for the shoutout on your blag as well :)