Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Coconut and Passionfruit Self-Saucing Puddings



I am very excited to be posting this recipe tonight, as I finally managed to lay my hands on some passionfruits last week!! I have lamented in previous posts about the difficulty in getting these delicious little morsels in the States, so when I saw some at Wholefoods on Friday, I basically cleaned them out! Then I went hunting for something interesting to do with them and found this recipe on the Taste website.




The original recipe was for one large pudding, but I decided to see if it would work as individual ones, as I find these much more fun and interesting to serve. Thankfully, they did work out very nicely, so I am posting the recipe below. The passionfruit gave such a nice tartness to the lovely coconut pudding. Yummy!! I should mention that I forgot to add the icing sugar just before serving, but it didn't really matter. Probably would have made for a nicer photo, but I was too busy trying to tuck in to remember such a minor detail!!




Individual Coconut and Passionfruit Self-Saucing Puddings
(Makes 6)

1 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
2/3 cup light coconut milk
1 egg
80g butter, melted, cooled
pure icing sugar, to serve
sauce
1/2 cup caster sugar
3 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 cup milk
2 small lemons, juiced
3 passionfruit, halved

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 6 ramekins and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.

2. Sift flour into a bowl. Stir in sugar and coconut. Whisk coconut milk, egg and butter together in a jug. Pour into flour mixture. Gently stir until combined. Spoon into prepared dish. Smooth surface.

3. Make sauce: Combine sugar and cornstarch in a bowl. Sprinkle over pudding. Combine milk and 1/3 cup lemon juice (don't worry if mixture curdles) in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until mixture comes to the boil. Remove from heat and stir in passionfruit pulp. Pour hot lemon mixture over the back of a large metal spoon, over pudding.

4. Bake for approx. 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted halfway into pudding comes out clean. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

brooooooooke !
ha its karlee mackie ya cuz

nice blog ay and photo ya hottie !!!

met up with ya dear ol dad in qantas club legend let mebe a guest so im having pumpkin soup and wine ....how do i contact ya via web and stuff ...i have a my space and one that has all info on this charity gig im doing with a friend called inner tsunami .....also got a hosting job for mtv sports ....anyways is there anything ya cant do !!! hahaha good on you ...you looked gorgeus on your wedding day aswell ....ill let my bfriends dad knnow of your blog as he likes cooking and ill try some of you recipies too ...ok see ya and was so cool to see ya blog mate ...love karls