Monday, May 21, 2007

SHF #31 - Shades of White



This months Sugar High Friday is being hosted by Tara at Seven Spoons and she chose "Shades of White" as the theme.

This SHF was posted a little late this month, so there wasn't a lot of time to work out what to do. At first I thought it would be cool to do a white chocolate lamington, but that turned out to be a total disaster, so I decided instead to do a white chocolate coated ice cream bombe. This too did not go as planned, but time has run out, so I will post it anyway.

This recipe takes a few days, as you need to freeze each layer in between and make sure the bombe is really solid before pouring the chocolate over. But it is pretty basic and you could do it with any flavors you like. I would have liked to do it with home made ice cream, but I didn't have time for that, so I just used Haagen Daaz light in vanilla bean and cookie dough.




To make the bomb, line a bowl with plastic wrap and then alternatively layer the two flavors of ice cream. I did 2 layers of each. In between each layer, I put in crushed twix bars, roasted pecans and nutella, again you could put whatever you wanted.

I tried to coat the bombe in caramel, but it just seemed to slide right off the ice cream and was not particularly successful. I then coated the entire bombe in white chocolate and coconut.




Not my finest effort to date, but hopefully it will be acceptable for SHF #31. It is certainly white !


1 comment:

tara said...

Wow. Now this is a dessert that takes all of the charm, nostalgia and tastes of childhood and brings them into one decadent spoonful! Thank you for taking time to be a part of this month's SHF.