Thursday, June 14, 2007

CSA - Week 2


Its amazing what a difference a week can make in the world of farming and fresh produce. Our weekly share this week was completely different from last week and we got lots of great stuff. The only similarities were that we got another 2 heads of heirloom lettuce, plus some lavender, fennel, arugula, fava beans and onions. Whoo hoo!! I also picked up a dozen fresh eggs from the farms free range chickens.

There should hopefully be some great recipes with all of this produce, so look out next week for a risotto, a frittata, a terrine and some great salads :)

4 comments:

Janet said...

I read all kinds of posts that people write about their "CSA" orders. To be honest I didn't know what it meant until I read your post about a month back that explained it all. I am very jealous, I don't think we have anything like that in Canada...

B said...

Janet - I did a quick google search for CSA's in Canada and they do exist. I am not sure where abouts you live, but there may be one near you, if you have a look on the web. I hope you find one!!

Janet said...

Hi Brooke - I'm embarrased, I found it, I just needed to go to the second page of search result! I didn't look far enough, in Canada CSA stands for "Canadian Space Agency".... :-) I'm going to sign up!

B said...

oh great! I'm glad you found one :) That sounds like something I would do...lol!!