Friday, June 1, 2007

Thai Chicken Salad


This recipe was loosely based on a recipe in Jamie Oliver's The Naked Chef Takes Off. He has a recipe for a thai salad, but it is more of a suggestion than a recipe. He suggests a bunch of things you can put in your salad and gives a recipe for a thai dressing, so I used some of his suggestions, then decided I wanted this a main course salad, so I decided to add some chicken as well.

I guess what I am saying is you could add almost anything to this salad, so I am not going to post a formal recipe. Instead, I'll list what I used, but its also merely just a suggestion and could be changed to be whatever you wanted it to be.

The salad I made consisted of baby spinach, arugula, red and green pepper strips, mung bean sprouts, chopped green chilli, cilantro, mint, sesame seeds, scallions and some shredded chicken breast that was cooked on the grill. The dressing was made from lime juice, olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, cilantro and chilli flakes.



This was really easy to throw together and perfect for a summer evening out on the deck sharing a bottle of lovely Spanish red wine. Happy Friday!!!

3 comments:

Suganya said...

It is looking so colorful…I love Thai food a lot; I think I am going to try this out…

Cookie baker Lynn said...

That looks lovely and refreshing - a light dinner for a warm summer's eve.

B said...

thanks Sukanya and Lynn :)